Based in Tain l'hermitage just south of Lyon, Valrhona was originally established in 1922 by Albéric Guironnet as a small chocolate factory in the Ardèche. After various name changes (Chocolaterie du Vivarais then Chocolaterie Gonnet) this French pastry and chocolate maker finally introduced the Valrhona brand in 1947.
From then on, a true quest for quality was initiated. Some employees of the company, called "sourceurs", are responsible for going directly into the field to choose the best cocoa.
This continuous process allows Valrhona's creations to be constantly refined and improved. In 1988, the School of Grand Chocolate was created. There, apprentice chocolatiers and professionals can learn new preparation techniques and improve their skills.
Since its creation, the brand's designers have never hesitated to renew the identity of the famous chocolate company. Today, Valrhona chocolates can be found in more than 13,000 points of sale in 73 countries around the world.
Points of sale
Kaufhaus des Westens, Tauentzienstr 21-24
Niveau 6 espace gourmet
Boulevard de la woluwe
38 rue de Sevres
Metro Sèvres Babylone
64, Boulevard Haussmann
40 Boulevard Haussmann
12 avenue du Président Roosevelt
26600 Tain l'Hermitage